About Spargo Transport


The family business commenced operations in road transport in the 1930's when the late Gus Spargo commenced transporting livestock, from his base in Bacchus Marsh, Victoria, 55kms from the Melbourne 's GPO. The surrounding district was a rich area for the production of cattle and sheep and within easy distance to the markets.

In 1966, Graeme was approached by a customer and asked if he would diversify his business to transporting general freight. This direction led towards the expansion of the fleet which included local and interstate deliveries. In 1970 Graeme made the decision to concentrate on the increasing growth of general freight and exited the livestock side of his business. 

In the mid 1990's, after coming through the recession and being in a strong financial position, the old depot in central Bacchus Marsh had been outgrown and 40 acres was purchased just minutes outside Bacchus Marsh with plans to purpose build and with room for expansion in the future. Graeme's second daughter Kathryn joined the company in 1992 and quickly adapted to the task of administration, and was instrumental in developing the office facilities at the new depot.